Kathleen Cleaver Photographic Archive, Photo Archivist
- Supervise and catalogue 1,000+ photographs ranging from the late 1890s to early 2000s.
- Arrange, describe, and maintain photographic archival collections
- Create photo archive guide for filing and storage systems
- Produce and maintain accession records for all photographic collections.
596 Acres, Co-Director
July 2017-June 2018
- Curated NYC community land access advocacy public programming and partnerships
- Designed NYC community land access advocacy and community land protection campaigns
- Created NYC community land access advocacy bilingual educational tool kits and curriculum
- Supervised digital web tool and digital map making development
- Led strategic partnerships growth and development
SisterSong Women of Color Reproductive Justice Collective, Artist Consultant
September 2015-December 2016
- Wrote grant proposal concept note for the inaugural project: Artist United for Reproductive Justice
- Led and conducted needs assessment interviews throughout the United States with artists and activists across disciplines.
- Created and facilitated interactive arts based workshop entitled: “Artists United for Reproductive Justice: Conjuring Community Through Art and Culture.”
- Curated and organized an art show, benefit concert, and artist convening for 20 artists based in the US Southeast to strategize around reproductive justice, immigrant rights, and anti-black racism.
The Health Initiative, Program Associate
July 2015 – March 2016
- Developed curriculum and training on LGBTQ cultural competency for health care providers and medical students.
- Coordinated queer and trans-inclusive breast health screening days with community organizations.
- Created Spanish translation and interpretation materials for LGBTQ health advocacy and access.
Columbia University, Research Associate
June 2013 – October 2013
- Edited and reviewed citations or book manuscript.
- Researched and compiled dossiers on contemporary debates in French and U.S. Feminist politics.
- Conducted literature reviews on the relationship between genetics and race in the US.
National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health, National Field Organizer
June 2008 – July 2012
- Supervised and cultivated the leadership development and advocacy strategies of Latina Advocacy Networks in Texas, Minnesota, Florida, Wisconsin, and NYC.
- Facilitated trainings on reproductive justice, immigrant women’s rights, participatory action research, leadership, advocacy, and civic engagement for partner organizations, universities, and medical professionals.
- Created advocacy toolkits for various campaigns, including Health Care Reform and educational campaigns on shifting the discourse and policies of young motherhood and teen pregnancy prevention.
- Piloted a successful leadership and local advocacy program in Rio Grande Valley, Texas with a group of 50 immigrant leaders for reproductive justice issues on local, state, and national levels.
- Created training curriculum for political education on LGBTQ Liberation and Reproductive Justice
The Caribbean Cultural Center African Diaspora Institute, New York, NY
Innovative Cultural Advocacy Fellowship, April 2018-June 2018
Witness for Peace, New York, NY
Cuba Delegation on Gender, Arts, and Holistic Healing, July 2017
The Laundromat Project, New York, NY
Create Change Fellowship, March 2017-October 2017
Wayside Center for Popular Education, Faber, VA
Certificate in Interpretation for Social Justice, October 2015
Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Master of Arts in Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies, Cum Laude, Fall 2014
New York University, New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with Minor in Latino Studies, Fall 2008
Select Guest Lectures and Panels
Panelist, “The School of Survival: Learning with Juan Downey” Hunter College Art Galleries NY, NY, 2018
Guest Artist, Yankasa Mosque, Art in the Mosque, “Poetry Writing for Youth”, Bronx, NY, 2017
Lecturer, Bronx Community College, Latino/a Literature Seminar "Poeta del Bronx (Poet from The Bronx)" (2017)
Panelist, NYU Law, Columbia Law, CUNY Law, Fordham Law, If/When/How Presents: "A Galentines Day Panel: Discussing Reproductive Justice in the New Administration" (2017)
Presenter, 2016 AWID Forum, “Feminist Futures: Building Collective Power for Rights and Justice”: ”Building Transnational Alliances across the Intersections of Black Feminist, Queer and Immigrant Movements to Transcend Borders” (2016)
Presenter, Civil Liberties and Public Policy (CLPP) 35th Conference: “Artists United for Reproductive Justice Presents: Conjuring Community through Arts and Culture”, (2016)
Panelist, Unite for Reproductive Gender and Equity (URGE) Southeastern Convening: “Youth Leadership and Activism for Reproductive Justice”, (2015)
Panelist, at the 13th Annual Latin American and Caribbean Feminist Conference: “Diasporic Latin American and Caribbean Migration in a U.S. Context: The Role of Transnational Latina Feminist Praxis”, (2014)
Presenter, the American Sociological Association/Society for the Study of Social Problems/Sociologists for Women Conference, organized by The Center on Reproductive Rights and Justice at Berkeley Law: “Reproductive Justice: An Intergenerational Examination of History and the Future”, (2013)
Poetry Performance, The B.L.A.C.K. Party, The Bronx Academy of Arts and Dance, Bronx, NY (2018)
Poetry Performance, The Light and Peace Gallery Exhibition Opening, Brooklyn, NY 2018
Featured Poet "Marcha de Mayo" NYC Rally (2017)
Featured Poet "A Galentines Day Panel: Discussing Reproductive Justice in the New Administration" (2017)
Featured Poet “Home as Site of Resistance”, LiFT Art Salon at the Hammonds House (2015)
Featured Poet “Love and Politics”, JASMYN Poetry for the People Series (2014)